March 24, 2010

A Flash Backwards

So I figured that for our first post, we would go back and share about our February Adventures. February was a very busy month for us. And it all but flew by right before our very eyes!

At the beginning of the month both Teagan and Benjamin were sick. I kept saying we should get Dad in, but he kept insisting it was just a cold and he would get over it. Turns out he had more then just a cold, a sinus and ear infection to be exact. And to top it all off, Teagan had pink eye. I found out that day that there are different kinds of pink eye, one that is caused by bacteria and one caused by viruses. The doctor that we saw put my mind at ease. Here I heard pink eye and I am thinking 'oh great, my son has been rubbing his bum' but turns out it was viral, more then likely from the cold that he had had for a week. But it's amazing the difference antibiotics make right away. Both Ben and Teagan were feeling much better in just a few short days!

The second week of February was all dedicated to finalizing Teagan's 2nd Birthday Party and Baby Harvey's Baby Shower. We were down in Yakima that weekend and had a blast! And much to my surprise it was super relaxing for me. I am glad that everything just kind of worked it's self out. And by that time I was so pregnant, I just tried to stand back and enjoy everything rather then sweat the small stuff! And I am so glad that I did! The weekend was a much more enjoyable one because of it. We had a great time visiting with Our Family from out of town. Yvette and Julie (Ben's Beautiful Mom and Aunt) were able to come up for the weekend and we were also surprised to see one of Ben's Cousins, Josh, whom we hadn't seen forever! It was a very good visit!


I believe they were playing with Bark!


Teagan's Party ended up being really fun. I had been praying all month for alright weather because we had decided to have it at a Park in the middle of February. Call me crazy, but everything worked out and he had tons of fun! And he was extremely spoiled as well! Lots of Love and lots of presents! We got to feed the ducks and play on the toys, there were even Puppies and a BBQ! I am so glad we were able to do something for him this year and I am so glad he had fun!

Daddy and Teagan Feeding the Ducks

Hanging with the Cousins.

Having a field day opening all his presents!

He loves his trike, but is still trying to figure it out. :)

YUM!

The baby shower was fun also. My Mom and Sister Brittany were the ones that organized everything and I must say they did a great job. I am such a perfectionist that after awhile I realized it probably wasn't the best idea to have a huge part in the planning and I am glad that I didn't. It was nice just showing up and not having to do much. Getting to eat yummy food and play some fun games. Most of all, get to spend the day with some wonderful women who are super special to me and care about us so much! Baby Harvey got some pretty cute things as well!

Me and My Beautiful Ladies

The cute cake I didn't get to sample. :( I had loads of Carbs that day!

It was hard finding room in the car for all those gifts!

One of the many games. LOL

So after that was all said and done, I am glad we had a nice relaxing weekend because the day we got home it was down to business again. We moved the following week so had only a few days to complete the packing up process and get our things from one place to the next. We Upgraded. Went from a 2 bedroom 1 bath with 960sqft to a 3 bedroom 2 full baths with 1460sqft. Much more space and We have really loved it here! We had tons of help from some awesome friends and were able to move pretty much everything we owned over in one evening. It was great fun and a huge relief! I didn't know one could move that fast. Slowly over the course of the week we were able to get most everything out and organized to where we wanted it to go. It was starting to look like a Home!

Just that same Saturday Teagan had a ferible siezure. I was laying in bed with him and must say it was one of the most scariest moments of my life! One moment we were singing and laughing together and the next he was convolsing and nonresponsive. As a Mom, I felt extremely helpless and horrible because I couldn't do anything. Needless to say, because of the length of the seizure, we won a ride in the ambulance to the Hosptial while he was still not fully responding. Once we go there He seemed to take everything in stride. They started their usual poking and proding and he was more aware of things after that. I am so glad Ben was there because I was an emotional wreck. I had spent weeks wishing this baby out of me, then that happened and all I could pray for was to not go into labor and for my 2 year old Baby to be alright. And he was and will be. And thanks to all of you who had us in your prayers!


At the hospital waiting on the test results.

The last week of February we tried our best to just have fun as a family. It's amazing to me how this just comes so naturally. And we are so blessed to have eachother. Teagan is Amazing and growing up so fast and it sometimes pains me to think that just a few short moments ago, he was a little baby in my arms and totally reliant on us as Parents. Now he is a big, proud brother who insists on doing EVERYTHING himself!

4 comments:

  1. I really like it Babe! I was wondering what you were doing holed up in baby's room last night. Turns out you were brewing all this. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Siena! Love it and I will enjoy reading your blogs! I love the pictures and am glad Teagan's birthday and your Baby Shower went so well!!! Love you tons and tons--KJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is, Wow! You did a wonderful job of sharing and posting pics. I loved it! Looking forward to reading more soon. Thank you. Love Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first blog and I love it. You did such a beautiful job sharing your lives, and the pictures are awesome. I can't wait for you to write more. Love you all lots!

    ReplyDelete